This unit describes the meanings of medical words.
By the end of this unit the student will be able to:
- Discuss the four parts of medical terms.
- Recognize word roots and combining forms.
- Identify the most common prefixes and suffixes.
- Describe the anatomical positions.
- Define the body planes.
- Identify regions of the body.
- Define directional and positional terms.
- Build, divide, spell and pronounce common medical words.
1a.1 Understanding medical words
1a.2 Parts of a medical term
1a.3 Word and combining forms
1b.1 Common prefixes and suffixes
1b.2 Singular and plural endings
1c.1 Body structure
1c.2 Anatomical positions
1c.3 Body planes
1c.4 Regions of the body
1c.5 Directional and positional terms