Job Title: Clinical Information Analyst - Informatics: location Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Department Head Research Africa
Research brings meaningful innovations to market via close collaboration with Healthcare sector.To foster speeding up end-to-end innovation from idea to market, Philips creates the differentiation through clinical domain expertise combined with intelligent and meaningful data transformation. Philips Research Africa plays a key role in realizing this strategic journey by bringing a blend of clinical knowledge, big data analytics, and visualization & software development capability. As Clinical Information Analyst you work in the Philips Africa Research team and responsible for industrial research in medical informatics and clinical decision support, by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge while taking an end-user centric approach to develop innovations and technical breakthroughs with major potential business impact and drive them to Philips business successes, protected by relevant intellectual property. You work in projects with both commercial and technical stakeholders and experts. Your challenge is transform knowledge based on needs and requirements into solutions, aligned with the Philips mission and prioritized against outside in focus.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Carry out industrial research in public health with applications in primary care, enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge;
• Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips, such as to contribute to successful transfers of research results to the customer;
• Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
• Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment;
• Contribute pro-actively to a secure working environment.
• Creating tools (mhealth/ehealth) for clinical decision support based on the requirements of the healthcare professionals and the analysis of historical clinical data. Practical experience in data analysis techniques is beneficial. Additionally, knowledge of the healthcare-related data integration standards and affinity toward data analysis, management, and integration are important.
• Clinical validation of the developed solutions in forms of the validation though the clinical practice and also clinical trials. You will keep on developing your knowledge via networking, conferences, scientific articles, etc. External exposure (for example by means of scientific publications) and external collaborations (for example with universities or in the context of European research projects) are highly encouraged.
Philips Research is a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and – where needed – first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
• We are constantly looking for highly qualified scientists (MSc, PhD or industrial R&D experience) in applied sciences, e.g. computer science, electronics, physics, population health, health informatics.
• 3+ years of experience in medical informatics, with integration and deployment experience.
• Complete fluency with the HL7 2.x, 3 file format (ADT and clinical messages)
• Strong knowledge of the following
o Knowledge of healthcare services
o Health Assessment Systems
o HIPAA /Compliance issues
o Familiarity with medical terminology, medical coding systems; ICD 9/ICD10.
• Thorough understanding of how interface integrations works in clinical environments
• Ability to modify SQL queries and fourth generation program languages as required to operate core department deliverables and ad-hoc analysis under limited supervision
• Understanding of non-relational Database Design and moderate proficiency of data Integration and Navigation.
• Software development experience Java, Python,C++.
We are looking for:
• Abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
• Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems.
• Proactive individuals with Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Business-minded and market-driven.
• Proven track record in hands on experimentation to deliver real-world results
• Improvement attitude.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programmes.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a Kenyan Citizen and have the legal right to work in Kenya.
For 124 years, Philips has been a leader in building and shaping markets with our meaningful innovations. We have always been guided by our passion to improve people’s lives – true to our vision of making the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation.
In 2014 we announced the next phase of our Accelerate! transformation, moving from a holding company structured around multiple divisions to two stand-alone operating companies – in HealthTech and Lighting Solutions – with the ambition of capturing growth and creating value, both leveraging the trusted Philips brand.
About Philips Africa:
Philips Africa HealthTech covers the continent in 5 Key Districts across multiple countries in Africa. Philips Africa HQ is in Johannesburg, South Africa with the other districts including Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Ghana/Nigeria.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Joanna Wieczorek: email@example.com